Thursday, January 13, 2011

Andre Kertesz retrospective exhibition

This exhibition is a unique trip through the life of Andre Kertesz. It is also an interesting aspect of the artist, who at age 80 was not afraid to reach for an entirely new technique of photography (Polaroid). I will cite here another quote, which may be another key to his work - "I consider myself an amateur and I hope that I will be so treated until my death. I'm a permanent student of discovering the world countless times."

The exhibition is open until 6 February, but fortunately at it does not stop in Paris. From 26 February to 15 May it will be seen in Zurich (Fotomuseum Winterthur), from 11 June to 11 September in Berlin (Martin-Gropius-Bau) and finally from 30 September to 31 December in Budapest (Hungarian National Museum).